Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 12...Spring Break Reading

I read 2 hours of Sexism in America and 70 pages. I didn't reach my goal, but got pretty close. I've learned that women in the 1950s were expected to sit at home with the children and take care of the house. Women realized things had to change; they started leaving home for jobs. Women joined marches, boycotts, and sit-ins to changed what was expected of them. Men were not good at allowing women in the work place. They only had pink collared jobs. It talked alot about abortion and whose body it is. I firmly disagree with it being women's right to kill a poor innocent baby making me a very bad feminist, but oh well!
TOTAL TIME: 42.5 HOURS

This project is a very good idea, but many students I want to assume abuse it. I actually read all the books I say I do and many hours. I think students often take advantage of the trust you have for them.

I've read 7 books I'm on the 8th now. They include: The Shack, The Choice, At First Sight, A Bend in the Road, Twilight, The Wedding, Nights in Rodanthe, and now reading Sexism in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment